Volume 54, Number 4, July-August 2005
|Page(s)||259 - 267|
References of Anim. Res. 54 259-267
- Anon, Council Directive 92/46/EEC, Official J. European Communities No. L268/2, 1992, pp. 1-32.
- De Koning C.J.A.M., Ipema A.H., Milking characteristics of two liners, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Robotic Milking, Lelystad, Netherlands, 17th-19th August, 2000, pp. 58-59.
- Genstat, 5 Release 3.2., Lawes Agricultural Trust, Rothamsed Experimental Station, 1995.
- Gleeson D.E., O'Callaghan E., Effect of liner design and plant vacuum level on bovine teat-tissue reaction, Irish J. Agric. Food Res. 37 (1998) 135.
- Gleeson D.E., O'Callaghan E., Effect of two milking principles on the milking characteristics of dairy cows, Irish J. Agric. Food Res. 39 (2000) 482.
- Gleeson D.E., O'Callaghan E., Effect of system vacuum level on bovine teat-tissue reaction and milking characteristics, Proceedings, Annual Meeting of National Mastitis Council, Inc. Arlington, Virginia, 14th-17th February, 1999, Vol. 38, pp. 209- 210.
- Gleeson E., O'Callaghan E.J., Rath M., Effect of milking on bovine teat tissue as measured by ultrasonography, Irish Vet. J. 55 (2002) 1000-1004.
- Gleeson D.E., O'Callaghan E., Rath M., The effects of genotype, milking time and teat-end vacuum pattern on the prevalence and severity of teat-end hyperkeratosis, Irish J. Agric. Food Res. 42 (2003) 195-203.
- Hamann J., Physio-pathological aspects of machine milking, Proceedings of the International Symposium of Bovine Mastitis, Milan, 1992, pp. 53-67.
- Hamann J., Mein G.A., Wetzel S., Teat tissue reactions to milking. Effects of vacuum level, J. Dairy Sci. (1993) 1040-1056.
- Hamann J., Machine induced teat Tissue Changes and New Infection Risk, Proceedings of International Conference on Machine Milking and Mastitis, Silver Springs Hotel, Cork, 23rd May 1997, pp. 89-109.
- Hillerton J.E., Ohnstad I., Bainnes J., Relationship of cluster performance to postmilking teat condition, Proceedings of Annual Meeting, National Mastitis Conference, St Louis, 1998, Vol. 37, pp. 75-84.
- Hillerton J.E., Ohnstad I., Bainnes J., Leach K.A., Changes in cow teat tissue created by two types of milking cluster, J. Dairy Res. 67 (2000) 309-317 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- Hillerton J.E., Pankey J.W., Pankey P., Effect of over-milking on teat condition, J. Dairy Res. 69 (2002) 81-84 [CrossRef] [PubMed].
- International Dairy Federation, in: Bulletin, Laboratory methods for use in mastitis work, International Dairy Federation, Brussels, 1981, pp. 1-7.
- International Dairy Federation, in: Bulletin, Recommendations for presentation of mastitis-related data. Part 2: Clinical mastitis, International Dairy Federation, Brussels, 1997, p. 321.
- ISO 3918, Milking machine installations-Vocabulary, International Organization for Standards, Geneva, Switzerland, 1996, 39 p.
- Lewis S., Cockcroft P.D., Bramley R.A., Jackson P.G., The likelihood of sub-clinical mastitis in quarters with different types of teat lesions in the dairy cow, Cattle Practice 8 (2002) 293-299.
- Mein G.A., (Teat club international, I.D.F), Evaluation of Bovine Teat Condition in Commercial Dairy Herds: Non-infectious Factors, Proceedings of 2nd International Symposium on Mastitis and Milk Quality, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 13th-15th September, 2001, pp. 347-351.
- Neijenhuis F., (Teat club international, I.D.F), Evaluation of Bovine Teat Condition in Commercial Dairy Herds: Relationship between Teat-End Callosity or Hyperkeratosis and Mastitis, Proceedings of 2nd International Symposium on Mastitis and Milk Quality, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 13th-15th September, 2001, pp. 362-366.
- O'Callaghan E.J., Gleeson D.E., Measurement of vacuum stability in milking units during simulated milking, Irish J. Agric. Food Res. 38 (1999) 272.
- O'Callaghan E.J., Gleeson D.E., Evaluation of milking systems in terms of new mastitis risk, teat tissue reactions and milking performance, End of project report. 4505, Teagasc, November, 2000, 16 p.
- O'Callaghan E., Measurement of liner slips, milking times and milk yield, J. Dairy Sci. 79 (1996) 390-395 [PubMed].
- O'Callaghan E., Measurement of vacuum in the cluster, using a milkflow simulator, Irish J. Agric. Food Res. 37 (1998) 137.
- O'Shea J., O'Callaghan E., Experiments on milking machine components at Moorepark 1978-1980, An Foras Taluntais, Dublin, Ireland, 1982, pp. 200-211 (ISBN 0-905442-68-7).
- Rasmussen M.D., Madsen N.P., Effects of Milkline Vacuum, Pulsator Airline Vacuum and Cluster Weight on Milk Yield, Teat Condition, and Udder Health, J. Dairy Sci. 83 (2000) 77-84 [PubMed].
- Spencer S.B., Griel L.C., Goldberg J.J., The use of Ultrasonography to measure teat congestion, Proceedings of National Mastitis Council Meeting, 1996, Vol. 35, pp. 172-173.
- Zecconi A., Hamann J., Bronzo V., Ruffo G., Machine-induced teat tissue reactions and infection risk in a dairy herd free of contagious mastitis pathogens, J. Dairy Res. 59 (1992) 265-271 [PubMed].